Hair Care Tips
Your hair is an investment and that alone should make you want to take proper care of your hair extensions and wigs. FHJ hair extension last a year or even longer as long as the hair is cared for properly. ANY type of coloring to the hair we HIGHLY RECOMMEND seeking a professional to color your hair. Here are a few tips that will help you take good care of your extensions.
- Always brush your hair before going to bed. Always use a wide tooth brush or detangling comb and gently brush the hair while holding it down with your other hand to prevent unnecessary tension and pulling.
- Before going to bed, braid your hair into one loose large braid and wear a satin scarf or bonnet.
- Before shampooing your hair, always detangle it. Always wash your hair gently in a downward motion using your fingers.
- ALWAYS condition and deep condition your hair with a moisturizing conditioner. This alone will make a huge difference especially deepwave and curly hair. Conditioner only wash is recommended at least 3 times a week for deepwave and curly.
- You can also condition wash you virgin hair, this means skipping the shampoo and using your conditioner just like you would your shampoo.
- Let it air dry after washing it.
- Apply a small amount of coconut oil 2 to 3 times per week as required.
- Avoid alcohol based products for your hair as alcohol is very drying to the hair.
- Last but not least, Do not weight down your hair by using too with shine sprays. A light weight serum will do the job
- ALL deepwave or curly hair scrunch hair gently to enhance the curls.
- When deepwave or curly hair is damp, apply a dime size of an anti-frizz alcohol free hair serum.For soft kinks, a curl cream may be required for a more tamed look,
- Do not use oil products or excessive products on curly hair, it will cause matting.
- Do not brush or comb hair when dry, it will cause hair to frizz and may cause hair to tangle.
- Do not touch deepwave or curly hair when wet. This causes the hair to get big and frizzy.